Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Show #11 'I Helped Wipe Out The Sixties'

ALL 70s show!


Sadly, Stooges Guitarist Ron Asheton was found dead one week ago today.
Apparently, it was a heart attack.
He was 60 years old.

To me, it just seems to have symbolized yet another generation creeping up on us.

I doubt that Ron Asheton felt 60 years old.

Last Thursday, David Bowie turned 62! I doubt he feels 62. He certainly does not look it.

On the 21st of April this year, Iggy Pop turns 62 and Robert Smith is finally 50 years old!
And once again, I truly doubt they feel it! (Here is an article from '89 with Robert Smith talking about turning 30)

Maybe, I sound a bit pathetic here, because I am neither 60, 50 nor even 40. But I suppose age has been on the mind as of lately since at the end of this next year I hit ...
The Big 3-0.

I do not feel 30 nor do I believe that I will when I actually do turn 30.
I still feel uncertain about this.
I may actually lose it when the day comes.
Maybe I will simply forget what day it is as I usually do.

Heaven knows really.
What I do know is that we all get older,
but the music is timeless.

**download** I HELPED WIPE OUT THE SIXTIES Airdate 2nd of December '08

Public Image Limited 'Poptones'
The Stooges 'I Wanna Be Your Dog'
Talking Heads 'Sugar On My Tongue'
Richard Hell And The Voidoids 'The Plan'
Television 'Friction'
Blondie 'Hanging On The Telephone'
Modern Lovers 'Dignified and Old'
Joy Division 'Disorder'
Buzzcocks 'I Don't Mind'
Elvis Costello And The Attractions 'Night Rally'
Clash 'Deny'
Wire 'Ex Lion Tamer'
Gang Of Four 'It's Her Factory'
Echo And The Bunnymen 'The Pictures On My Wall'
The Stranglers 'Baroque Bordello'
The Damned 'These Hands'
Cure 'Fire In Cairo'
Can 'Vitamin C'
Neu! 'Lila Engel'
Suicide 'Ghost Rider'
Roxy Music 'Editions Of You'
Lou Reed 'I'm So Free'
T Rex 'Cosmic Dancer'
David Bowie 'Rock 'N' Roll Suicide'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback please...