Thursday, November 20, 2008

The 4ad Edition


Some may think it a great injustice that I chose one of my weekend hour shows to dedicate to Britain-based 4ad records.

They would be somewhat correct on this point, but at least I have recognized that fact. The show could have easily have been far longer. And I also have to admit that I was not as informative as I SHOULD have been as far as the label's history.

The reason being...
It was a very last-minute idea.

I put the whole playlist together in just hours.
It is also very difficult to choose only less than an hour's worth of 4ad alumni.

Who knows, maybe it was somewhat of a stretch, but I figured this, if anything, could serve as a preview to a more extended show.

We shall see...

*note: Obviously, the last song is not a 4ad artist, but I was just happy to have got a request!

**download** THE 4AD EDITION Air date 15th of November '08
* request
Modern English 'Sixteen Days'
Pale Saints 'True Coming Dream'
Lush 'Thoughtforms'
Cocteau Twins 'Cherry-Coloured Funk'
This Mortal Coil 'Dreams Made Flesh'
Dead Can Dance 'I Can See Now'
Red House Painters 'Things Mean A Lot'
Blonde Redhead '23'
Gus Gus 'Is Jesus Your Pal?'
TV On The Radio 'Ambulance'
Pixies 'Gigantic'
Deerhunter 'Little Kids'
Mylo 'Drop The Pressure' *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback please...