Saturday, January 31, 2009

Show # 1 'We Are Our Memories'

*Mix Show # 1
For M...



Ahh, the very first new show of the year!
New beginnings.
New day.
New time.
And hopefully...
New listeners?
Hmm, well who is to say...
Of what I am certain I have had at least one avid listener throughout my shows.
My cousin Maija.
I decided a long while ago this first show would have to be for her, especially since she will be away from home for a whole month.
This is the first mix show of the year, although the mix is condensed a bit to make room for some new songs.
If you listen, you will notice that I failed to make any mention of the last two songs.
The simple explanation...
I have a cold.
You know...
"starve a cold, feed a fever".
Well, I haven't been eating much, but drinking MANY liquids!
So as you can imagine, by the last 15 minutes (or longer if I am completely honest) my mind was... elsewhere engaged (suddenly, I can't help but think of those little 'Enablex' balloons dancing around and here I am with no restroom near enough to the studio).
Anyway, once you find yourself in that particular predicament... well,
you can guess how eager I was to finish up the show and go... literally.

**download** WE ARE OUR MEMORIES Air date 28th of January '09
^ dedication
Polaris 'Hey Sandy'
Clearlake 'It's Getting Light Outside'
Jens Lekman 'Maple Leaves'
My Morning Jacket 'It Beats 4 U'
South 'Colours In Waves'
Mew 'Why Are You Looking Grave?'
Morrissey 'You Have Killed Me'
Camera Obscura 'Razzle Dazzle Rose'
Galaxie 500 'Listen, The Snow Is Falling'
Windsor For The Derby 'The Melody Of A Fallen Tree'
The Ocean Blue 'Ballerina Out Of Control'
Mew 'Special'
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness 'According To Plan'
Chameleons 'Less Than Human'
Youth Group 'Forever Young'
Walkmen 'In The New Year' ^
Beach House 'Home Again'
Glasvegas 'Please Come Back Home'
Reeves Gabrels feat. Robert Smith 'Yesterday's Gone'
Killers 'Goodnight, Travel Well'

1 comment:

  1. I will always be listening! And once again great show! It was even better the second time! Thank you so much for dedicating it to me. Your wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback please...