Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Show # 8 'Moths Around The Flame'

Mix Show # 4



The 'mix' can prove to be somewhat divinatory.

Although, it was made for somebody else, listening to the songs some years later,
you suddenly realize...

I made this for the future me.

Of course, perhaps intuitively, this is what I have been doing all along.

Selfish me!

"And if their wings burn, I know I'm not to blame."

**download / listen**
MOTHS AROUND THE FLAME
Air date 5th of August 2008
MARLENE DIETRICH 'Falling In Love Again'
STONE ROSES 'I Wanna Be Adored'
CATHERINE WHEEL 'Black Metallic'
THE VERVE 'Slide Away'
MAZZY STAR 'Fade Into You'
THE WEDDING PRESENT 'Rotterdam'
PSYCHEDELIC FURSs 'Until She Comes'
PLACEBO  'Summer's Gone'
JAMES 'Lullaby'
PETER MURPHY 'A Strange Kind Of Love'
SIOUXSIE & MORRISSEY 'Interlude'
LEGENDARY PINK DOTS 'I Love You In Your Tragic Beauty'
THE SMITHS 'Wonderful Woman'
JEFF BUCKLEY 'So Real'
THE CURE 'Breathe'
COCTEAU TWINS 'Seekers Who Are Lovers'
DEFTONES 'Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want'
BELLE & SEBASTIAN 'The State I Am In'
MOUNTAIN GOATS 'Game Shows Touch Our Lives'
JOY DIVISION 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'
THE PETALS 'Simple Things'
RED HOUSE PAINTERS 'Down Colourful Hill'

2 comments:

  1. I've now listened to all the shows you have posted. In fact I've now listened to this one twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Thank you for taking the time; there's A LOT of hours I know. This one is probably my favourite. I love the Red House Painters song and I think it's cool that I can play such long songs on the radio! Hmmm... Carnage Visors? Well, maybe only as background music and as a matter of fact I did play that as background last week. Probably next week as well. I'll try to get it recorded for you before you're here next week. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback please...