Friday, October 3, 2008

Show # 5 'Electronic Renaissance part 1'



When you do an all 'electronic music' show, it's amazing how much you've realized you've left out. Hence, Electronic Renaissance part one.

I knew initially this was a given. It's impossible to fit every relevant electronic band in just one show. For example, no Kraftwerk or New Order in this show, two of the most important electronic bands ever.

My cousin Maija and sister Kalurah joined me for this show, which was very nice because the last time this happened was back in 1999, on my friend Amy and I's show on KWCW 'The Easy Cure' (which I plan to blog about at a later date).

The electronic band I apparently hold closest to my heart is revealed later in show # 7 'Electronic Renaissance pt. 2'. Stay tuned...

Note: I apologize for the poor sound quality on this one. All of my shows are recorded from the radio and the reception was not so good on this particular day. Especially on the Pet Shop Boys 'It Must Be Obvious'. For a better quality version click here.


**download** 'Electronic Renaissance pt. 1' Air Date 15th of July '08
V = Vinyl * = Request
OMD 'Julia's Song'
Autumn 'Reach You From Behind My Walls'
Ultravox 'Vienna'
Heaven 17 'Let Me Go'
Human League 'The Sound Of The Crowd'
A Flock Of Seagulls 'Wishing'
Bauhaus 'David Jay/Peter Murphy/Kevin Haskins/Daniel Ash'
Trisomie 21 'See The Devil In Me'
Cabaret Voltaire 'Motion Rotation'
Crystal Castles 'Vanished'
Depeche Mode 'Any Second Now (Voices)'
CSS 'Knife'
Ladytron 'Open Your Heart'
Erasure 'S.O.S.'
Kenickie 'Robot Song'
Legendary Pink Dots 'Film Of The Book'
The Knife 'Heartbeats (live)'
Hot Chip 'One Pure Thought'
Cure 'Back Trax (Megamix)'
Hood 'You Show No Emotion At All'
Death In June 'To Drown A Rose'
Belle And Sebastian 'Electronic Renaissance'
Pet Shop Boys 'It Must Be Obvious' V
Barnes And Barnes 'Fish Heads' *

1 comment:

  1. I especially liked this show, the most obvious reason being, I was there. I had so much fun being able to join you for another show. Can't believe the last time was 1999!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback please...